GREEN CHILE KEBABS
1 1/2 Pounds Ground Beef
2 Scallions, diced (plus more for garnish)
1 Large Egg
1 Cup Bread Crumbs
1/2 Cup 505 Roasted Green Chile
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
1 Red Onion, quartered
Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 5 mins
1. To make the meatballs, combine scallions, ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, and green chile in large bowl. Use hands to thoroughly mix. Form into balls about the size of a heaping tablespoon.
2. Slide 5 meatballs onto each skewer adding quartered red onion in between each meatball.
3. Preheat broiler, with rack in top third of oven. Lightly brush a rimmed baking sheet with oil. Broil skewers on baking sheet until just cooked through and deep golden brown, about 8 minutes. Garnish with green onion and serve with guacamole.
2 Jalapenos, stemmed and minced
2 Garlic Cloves, minced (optional)
1 Tablespoons Red Onion, diced
1 Tomato, seeded and chopped
3 Tablespoons Cilantro, chopped (plus more for garnish)
Juice of 3 limes
1/2 Teaspoon Salt, plus more to taste
1. In a medium bowl, mash the avocado flesh with a fork until somewhat chunky (not smooth). One at a time, gently stir in the chile, garlic, onion, tomato, cilantro, lime juice and salt.
2. Cover with plastic wrap touching the surface and let sit for about 2 hours to allow the flavors to develop.
3. Season with salt to taste.